Wooden clocks are not only beautiful and elegant but hand-crafting...Read More
Best Coolers of 2022
Are you a fan of camping or fishing or someone who likes to relax with a cold drink? If yes, you might want to invest in the best ice chests. You can carry small coolers or large coolers for your beach trip or sporting event and have access to cold drinks anytime you want.
The best cooler for ice retention is the perfect BBQ accessory and is the ideal tool for outdoor events. You can get these coolers with wheels, a backpack cooler, and more.
Are you wondering which one to get for yourself? Fret not; below, we have listed the top 5 best coolers along with a comprehensive guide on choosing the best ice chests.
Table of Contents
Top 5 coolers of 2022
Made of materials like Styrofoam, polyurethane, polyurethane foam, and more, there are several best soft coolers for 2022. Below we’ll take you through the top 5 best coolers and their pros and cons.
1. RTIC Soft Cooler 40
- Made of foam and available in 11 different colors
- The capacity of 40 cans
- Depth of 18.5-inches
- Leakproof zippers and insulated bags
The RTIC soft cooler 40 is one of the best soft coolers and is highly durable and has foam insulation. Moreover, it has cold cell insulation that offers superior cold-holding capacities. Additionally, it has a leakproof zipper that makes the cooler waterproof. This soft cooler can carry 40 cans, and the model is available in 20 can, 30 can, and 12 can cooler bags.
The RTIC soft cooler 40 can be used for beach, camping, traveling, and barbeque. Moreover, it is a floating cooler, so you can carry your snacks and drinks wherever you go. The cooler is durable with a heavy-duty nylon shell and is lightweight. A single person can carry this cooler ensuring its portability.
- UP TO 24 HOURS OF COOLING – The RTIC soft insulated cooler is the perfect insulated cooler bag to keep your food and drinks cool wherever needed for up to 24 hours.
- IT’S A FLOATING COOLER – Not to mention it’s a floating cooler, it floats, so your drinks and snacks can go wherever you go. Ideal for a day at the pool or lake, no matter where the adventure takes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE – The soft cooler is lightweight yet tough to take on any terrain with its heavy-duty nylon shell. The portable cooler measures 18.5 x 12 x 17 inches.
- MULTIPLE USES – It’s the perfect ice cooler, drink cooler, travel cooler, beer cooler, lunch cooler, camping cooler, beach cooler. Features 2 inches of closed-cell foam.
- LEAK-PROOF WITH ZIPPER – This outdoor cooler is a 100% leak-proof cooler thanks to a durable zipper that prevents spills and leaks. Comes in a 12 can cooler bag, 20 can cooler, 30 can cooler, and 40 can cooler size.
- It’s the best high-quality soft cooler
- Leakproof zipper
- Lightweight and durable
- Not excellent ice retention
- Zipper needs to be handled with care
2. RovR RollR Wheeled Cooler
- Certified bear resistant and has several upgradeability options
- Seven to ten days of ice retention
- Large capacity of 120 cans and 20 pounds of ice
- 9-inch all-terrain tires and comes with a deep-freeze dry bin
The RovR RollR wheeled cooler is one of the best coolers with wheels. It comes with 9-inch all-terrain tires mounted on five-spoke aluminum hubs. These coolers with wheels are perfect for hiking, RV camping, or desert camp adventures as they are fast, agile, and fantastic on the sand.
Moreover, the cooler has a large capacity; without installing a deep-freeze dry bin, it can store up to 120 cans and 20 pounds of ice. The deep-freeze dry bin can store almost 88 cans, 10 pounds of ice in the main compartment and six bottles, and 10 pounds of sealed ice along with food items in the dry compartments.
Moreover, this high-performance and puncture-resistant cooler also won the Men’s Journal 2018 Gear of the Year Award for being the most feature-packed cooler.
- Durable, hard case, and high-quality construction
- 7-10 day ice retention
- Portability with sturdy wheels
- Quite heavy
- Very expensive
3. Orca Coolers White 40 Quart
- Manufactured in the USA and has a 40 quarts capacity
- Keeps your items fresh and cold for up to 10 days
- Convenient drain spout
- Lifetime warranty
The Orca cooler holds a 40 quarts capacity and comes in white color. With a chamber depth of 36 inches, it is 27 pounds cooler and is one of the best coolers for ice retention. This cooler can retain food’s freshness for up to ten days. Moreover, it has a cargo net attachment to help you seamlessly store food items and accessories.
It also has a lid gasket to ensure perfect seal and security. Furthermore, it has flex-grip handles to enable you to carry it easily. This roto-molded construction has a convenient drain spout that can help you de-pressurize the cooler in height and allows you to pour the melted ice easily. Plus, it is durable and sturdy and comes with a 100% made-in-USA lifetime warranty.
- Lifetime warranty and certified bear-proof
- A cargo net for extra storage
- Its ability to retain food’s freshness
- Quite heavy
4. RTIC 52-Quart Cooler
- 52 Quarts capacity
- 30% lighter than other hard case coolers
- 3-inches closed cell insulation
- Heavy-duty rubber latches
The RTIC 52-quart cooler is one of the best small coolers with a hard case. It offers versatile sizing and has excellent ice retention of almost ten days. This is one of the most ultra-light ice chests a single person can carry. It fits in your vehicle trunk easily and is reasonably priced. Additionally, it has an injection-molded construction and is bear-resistant.
Besides, the cooler has a rapid V drain system that allows quick draining and keeps the outside and inside dry. The cooler has an integrated locking system and no-fail hinges to ensure the cooler’s content remains safe and secure. Plus, the 3-inch insulated walls provide maximum cold retention. Another exciting feature of this cooler is that it comes with a removable divider and basket that work as a step stool, tabletop, or bench.
- Dry outside
- Safe due to no-fail hinges
- Light weight compared to other hard coolers
- Drain opening is tedious
- You can buy online only
5. Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler
- Ice retention for four days
- 54-quart capacity
- Heavy duty and rust-resistant construction
The Coleman Steel-Belted cooler is a classic, heavy-duty cooler with a retro design. With a 54-quart capacity, it can hold up to 85 cans and supports 250 pounds. This one offers 4-day ice retention at high temperatures compared to other models. However, it is durable and sturdy as it is made of rust-resistant stainless steel hardware.
Moreover, it has comfort-grip steel handles that allow you to carry and list it easily. The cooler is perfect for casual outings and promises portability and a bear-proof design.
- The price is affordable
- Durable option
- Classic design with high capacity
- Less portable compared to other coolers
- Only one size option and doesn’t offer excellent ice retention
How to get the best coolers?
When looking for coolers, you must ensure you get the best ice chests made of high-quality materials and excellent ice retention capabilities. Moreover, you need to consider your requirements and ensure the cooler you buy will meet your requirements. Following are some considerations to ensure you get the best cooler in 2022:
Depending on your purpose for buying coolers, you need to choose between small coolers, medium coolers, and large coolers. Typically, small coolers are10-35 quarts, medium coolers are 35-55 quarts, and large coolers are 55-75 quarts. A single person can handle small coolers and medium coolers, whereas a large cooler might need two people to handle it.
There are two types of cooler constructions:
- Injection Molding – These are made by injecting hot plastic into defined molds. You can create precise shapes. However, they are susceptible to cracking.
- Roto Molding – These are made of a single piece of plastic and are rotated until the design is formed. It ensures a thick outer shell, so the durability levels are high.
When you think of camping in the forest or parks, you might want to ensure you have a cooler made with bear-resistant ratings. Primarily, you must look for your product’s Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee rating. This ensures durability and ultimate protection.
While buying coolers, ensure you check for warranties. Typically, most companies offer 5-year warranties. However, you might be lucky to find some companies offering a lifetime warranty like the Orca White 40 Quart cooler. These warranties will cover defects and ensure you can get your product repaired in case of any issues.
Most coolers are portable. However, you can make it more portable by getting coolers with wheels or backpack coolers. You might need to consider the cooler’s weight to ensure its portability.
Ice chests are perfect for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, beach day, desert day, and more. But in order to get the best cooler, you’ll need to consider its construction, ice retention, weight, bear-resistant ratings, budget, and warranties.
By far, the RovR RollR wheeled cooler is the best cooler with wheels, and RTIC 40 is the best soft cooler. The RovR RollR wheeled cooler offers the best portability and storage options along with excellent ice-retention rates compared to other models on the list. The RTIC 40, on the other hand, is comparatively lighter with amazing ice-retention and leakproof technology.
So, explore the world of coolers and get the best to make your next summer camp the best.