The Best Door Lock Installation Kits (July 2020) – Your Buying Guide
Do you want to ensure your safety by installing the best door lock installation kit? Are you looking for something easy to install without a cumbersome process involved?
Here is a guide to help you find the perfect door lock installation kit for your needs. Selecting the right door knob installation kit and the door latch installation kit are vital to ensuring safety. The better the kit, the better will be the strength and durability.
Table of Contents
Top 8 Best Door Lock Installation Kits at a Glance
In this article, we’re going to discuss the eight best door installation kits that we have shortlisted.
- IRWIN Door Lock Installation Kit for Wooden Doors 3111001 (Best For Domestic Use)
- Dewalt Door Lock Installation Kit, Bi Metal D180004 (Best Budget Door Lock Kit)
- Dewalt Hole Saw Kit, 14 Piece D180005 (The Best Pick)
- Milwaukee 49-22-4073 (Best Value)
- Ryobi A99DLK4 (Excellent Kit)
- Ryobi A99HT2 Door Hinge Installation Kit
- IVY Classic 27003 Carbon-Steel Lock Installation Kit
- MIBRO 300681 Carbon Steel Door Lock
Now let’s look at the features that each of these professional door lock installation kit offers.
Our 4 Best Door Lock Installation Kits Review
IRWIN Door Lock Installation Kit for Wooden Doors 3111001
This door lock installation kit can be installed in just four simple steps, making it user-friendly. Also, non-professionals can set it up in no time but with the same precision.
It consists of carbon saws that are capable of endorsing handles and lock openings on both the outer and the inner sides of the door. It is a lightweight and user-friendly product.
IRWIN 3111001 is well known for its fine quality and promising finishing. It is highly durable and resistant to scratches and damages.
- Is highly durable and light in weight.
- The holes drilled are perfectly lined up.
- It is not suitable for professional use.
- It is made up of plastic, which makes the product inflexible.
Dewalt Door Lock Installation Kit, Bi Metal D180004
DEWALT 180004 is budget-wise the best door knob installation kit. This kit is the most user-friendly kit.
This kit can fit any type of door, be it metallic or wooden. It has especially been designed with high quality and using high-speed steel, which ensures durability. Due to the composition of the materials used, it has a capability of withstanding pressure for a very long duration of time. It also has a C clamp design ensuring minimal touch with the surfaces, lowering the rate of constant wear and tear.
The adjustable brushes of this kit allow the user to fit the doors of common thicknesses. This kit is the most convenient for an amateur when it comes to door knob installation kits. The hole saw of this kit is made up of M 3 steel, which is very durable. Thus, it decreases the possibility of the wear and tear of the teeth. DEWALT 180004 has proven to be an efficient craftsman tool. Here are some of the most common advantages and disadvantages of the kit.
- Ensures precise drilling of holes.
- It can be used for any type of door, metallic or wooden.
- Very easy to use even for an unprofessional.
- Fits almost all common sizes of locks.
- Fails to be used for the doors of thickness less than 1.75 inches.
- Does not consist of a template for the hinge of a door.
Dewalt Hole Saw Kit, 14 Piece D180005
DEWALT D180005 kit is an all-in-one and probably the best door lock installation kit that is available. It has a C clamp design, which is proven to be the most effective design as it enhances the functionality of the tool.
Complete set with spare parts
Thus, it enables tool-free clamping and can be used on any type of door, be it wood or metallic. It can be adapted for several purposes, ensuring precise cutting for the perfect alignment. It is so easy to use that you don’t even need a professional’s help to get it assembled. It is available in varying sizes and thicknesses and can fit on any door.
Best kit for tough jobs
This kit also ensures comfortable drilling, which can be practiced by anyone with the same ease as that of a professional. The kit includes a range of products that you might require, like an electrician’s hole saw kit, compact injection molded kit box, plumber’s hole saw kit and the door installation kit.
Hence, flexibility and convenience are the things that are guaranteed with this kit. This kit is the best door installation kit you can get at such a low cost. However, here are a few pros and cons for you to refer to while buying this kit.
- It provides easy drilling for fitting the door knob.
- Has a significantly high RPM range.
- Great quality, ensuring the durability of the product.
- The wear and tear of the inner sleeve are quite frequent.
- Might require two wrenches to make some changes.
- The ON/OFF switch is very delicate.
Milwaukee 49-22-4073 comes along with an easy to read manual with step by step installation guidelines. This kit is a practical option, providing all the essential features that you would need, at the best price.
Compact and lightweight
It is small and compact, which makes it easy to carry. It is also lightweight, which is suitable for both professionals and amateurs. You can assemble your door lock with this door lock installation kit without any guidance or assistance. It is designed with an onboard clam to prevent the door from scuffing. It comes with rubber pads, which enhances the stability of the product.
Suitable for various sizes
It can be used for 13/8″ or 13/4″ inch thick doors. This kit also comprises of spare parts that can eliminate the cost of a professional repair. This product can be used very smoothly for long durations. Hence, it is proved to be one of the most valued and the best professional door lock installation kit.
- It comes with all the necessary guidelines which make it quick and easy to install.
- It comes with a camp that aligns the centered holes without producing any dents on the door.
- Provides the locksmith an access slot to ensure a streamlined plug removal.
- The kit is not vibration-proof while drilling holes into it.
- There are chances that the jig can go through continuous wear and tear by the hole saw cut-outs.
- The replacement and repair of the jig are costly.
This kit is a new contender in the market. This product can be used on both wooden and metallic doors. It works well with both deadbolts and locksets. The kit’s auto-strike-locator aligns the door lock bracket perfectly.
Easy to install
Following the instructions step by step, you can set up this best professional installation kit like a pro. The tool helps the user to get the holes properly aligned by adjusting itself. Thus it is extremely easy to assemble and user-friendly.
- Extremely easy to assemble.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- It has an innovative system for latching.
- Is mostly suitable for wooden doors.
- Unscrewing the saw hole isn’t smooth.
Ryobi A99HT2 Door Hinge Installation Kit
This kit is designed for amateurs, and it can easily be used to improve the safety of their homes. It is a DIY project, which can be made by following a really simple procedure.
All in one kit
This kit contains everything you’ll need to assemble a professional door lock. It does not require any extra nails or screws. The clamp is fitted with a screw that serves the purpose of adjusting itself to different thicknesses of the door.
Being the professional door knob installation kit, it is the best pick if you need a door latch installation kit.
- It comes with a good grip, which enhances the precision of the cut and gives the final product a neat and clean look.
- User-friendly, even for amateurs.
- It is composed of plastic, so it has low durability.
- It has a low quality and thus isn’t a commercial option.
IVY Classic 27003 Carbon-Steel Lock Installation Kit
It comes with an easy to follow manual. Made up of plastic at a low cost, it is a perfect kit for amateurs.
IVY Classic gives you the liberty of prioritizing your needs. It can be set up in four ways, whichever suits you. Thus, it is really flexible as per the requirements.
It is very easy to assemble the lock using the professional door lock installation kit manual that comes along with it. The diameters of the saws are smaller in size than that of the holes, which give the product a smooth finishing.
- Gives a tighter grip.
- Easy to assemble.
- Doesn’t fit with varying thicknesses of the doors.
- Unsatisfactory reviews from the consumers.
MIBRO 300681 Carbon Steel Door Lock
The MIBRO 300681 Carbon Steel Door Lock contains professional accessories of high quality. This kit is also easy to use and user friendly. MIBRO is one of the oldest companies that manufacture door locks, so the quality standards can be trusted.
Easy to assemble
Its most significant qualities are that it is lightweight, thus easy to use and is durable. The materials used for holes and hole saws are manufactured with the best materials. There are no compromises made in MIBRO 300681 in the quality of the kit. Although it may not be as affordable as the other options, the quality features are worth the price.
- It can be used in a wide range of thickness of the doors adequately.
- The perfect alignments are easy to achieve.
- Very easy to use for amateurs as well as professionals.
- The dimensions might create a problem with a few doors.
- There might be problems fitting the saw hole properly.
So, who’s the winner here?
With all the necessary information about the best door lock installation kit most commonly available, you can choose the one that fits your requirements. However, DELWAT D180005 is our top choice. The kit is an all-in-one kit and is suitable for both professionals and amateurs. It is 14 PIECE HOLE SAW KIT, which is a user-friendly product. It is not only in the good books of a locksmith but also of common individuals.